- Affiliated Computer Services (ACS)
In 2010, Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) successfully implemented ONESOURCE® Indirect Tax. The goal was to help ACS automate a significant proportion of the VAT compliance and reporting cycle, to streamline its processes, and to remove manual adjustments throughout the VAT compliance process.
Indirect Tax includes a full audit trail, which helps ACS guarantee to their client that it has SOX-compliant VAT processes. The financial controllers at the client of ACS also use Indirect Tax to review the returns before they are filed.
Specific functionality was also included to reconcile GL and tax data, enabling ACS and the client to map the date reported in the VAT returns, and the amounts reported in the accounts’ turnover, recoverable VAT.
The benefits achieved include:
• High-quality and standardised VAT reporting, even with different ERP systems
• A standardised and harmonised VAT process across countries
• Transfer of the VAT compliance to India, still guaranteeing quality and efficiency
• Mitigation of compliance risk
• Building a strong relationship with its client assuring correct and efficient VAT reporting
Spotlight on Affiliated Computer Services (ACS)
ACS, a Xerox company, is a premier provider of diversified business process outsourcing (BPO), information technology (IT) services, and solutions to commercial and government clients worldwide. ACS is recognised as one of the best performing companies.
As a FORTUNE 500 company, ACS has proven success delivering strategic value, business results, and operational gains to their clients. At ACS, it’s people, clients, and culture that make the difference.