|Book||Theobald on Wills 17th Edition||15/12/2010||9780414042940||$586.00|
All the law and practice relating to wills, from the fundamental principles of will making to specific types of gifts, is set out and explained in Theobald on Wills. This popular title:
- Explains the principles of will making, clarifying complex concepts in clear English
- Goes through the general principles of construction and the admissibility of evidence
- Offers guidance on the interpretation of wills and explains the meaning of words for the purposes of construing wills
- Shows how the courts have interpreted the law through detailed analysis of case law
- Identifies problems that can arise in practice and provides possible solutions
- Offers guidance on procedural matters including the resolution of difficulties by court order and mediation
- Covers related topics such as administration of estates and the law of trusts
- Includes a chapter on professional negligence relating to wills
- Features new coverage on the validity of wills
- Discusses important case law such as the House of Lords decision in Thorner v Major.
New in this edition
- Fully updated section on the construction of wills explaining the general principles of construction, including analysis of the Privy Council opinion in Sammut v Manzi and of the possible effect of the Human Rights Act.
- Coverage on the validity of wills.
- Covers the impact of recent legislation such as the Accumulations and Perpetuities Act 2009, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Charities Act 2006.
You Might Also Like
Lewin on Trusts 18th Edition Mainwork & Supplement