|Book||The Lawyer's Career Management Handbook 2010||11/08/2010||9780314932914||$44.00|
Balancing personal satisfaction and professional success can be a challenge in today's demanding legal industry. Whether it's work overload or the work itself, more and more lawyers are finding their careers to be less rewarding. This guide shows you how satisfied individuals with law degrees have created a niche and discovered what motivates, energises, and even excites them about their work. Renowned experts in legal career advising, the authors provide advice and exercises on career assessment, job searches, application materials, interviews, offer evaluation and negotiation, transitioning from law school to the legal profession, work/life balance, and more.
- Helps lawyers build a rewarding career inside or outside the legal industry
- Includes chapters that individually provide a standalone piece of advice for every step in a lawyer's career
- Is equally ideal as a cover-to-cover read or as a reference for advice needed at a particular crossroad
- Offers a roadmap for achieving career satisfaction
- Provides techniques for determining your ideal career, making your next move, working more effectively, and achieving work/life balance.