|Book||The Law & Practice of International Finance||22/01/2008||9781847032553||$74.00|
The only all-encompassing guide to the law relating to international finance, this book is based on the author’s university courses, referencing nearly all of the world’s 320 jurisdictions – the first time the topic has been dealt with on such a worldwide comparative basis.
Covering the three principal approaches – the policies of the law, the legal rules and the practical transactions – the book ensures students are presented with doctrine, data and deals, each of which throws light on the other. Students receive a panoramic view of international finance which not only has practitioner-based deals, but also elucidates the law on a global basis without being tied to any single jurisdiction.
- Introduction to financial law.
- Jurisdictions of the world.
- Principles of world insolvency law.
- Bank term loans and syndicated credits.
- International bond issues and capital markets.
- Trusts in financial transactions.
- Set-off and netting.
- Payment and securities clearing systems.
- Security interests and title finance.
- Special financings: projects, acquisitions, real property, ships, aircraft.
- Regulation of international finance.
- Conflict of laws and international finance.