Supplier Supplemental Statement
Any information that personally identifies you may be used by TR to:
- manage our accounts payment and ordering systems;
- improve our internal procurement management processes; and
- otherwise improve our relationship with our suppliers.
We will not collect from you any sensitive information revealing your: race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability. Exceptions to this include:
- where you have given express consent to TR to do so;
- the use of this information is authorised by law or is considered reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or
- when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Personal information collected may be disclosed to third parties by TR, for example:
- If you are informed at the time of collection of the information that such a disclosure may take place.
- For purposes related to the purpose for which the information was collected, for example, to complete a contemplated transaction. In some cases we contract with other companies to perform services for us. Examples of this include sending mail, faxes and emails; processing orders; providing marketing support; deliveries; market research; debt collection agencies and storing back-up copies of our databases.
- We may share information about you with other business units across The Thomson Reuters group of companies, so that we can more effectively manage our procurement and business operations. This may involve providing your personal information to other Thomson Reuters group companies within and outside of Australia, including the USA, for processing, servicing or marketing purposes. We will require these other Thomson Reuters group companies to agree to strict conditions governing how this information will be used. By providing your personal information you consent to the transfer of that information to entities in the Thomson Reuters group of companies located outside of Australia.
- We may disclose information about you to entities who are not part of the Thomson Reuters group of companies and who are located outside of Australia in order to enable us to provide you with products or services. We will require these entities to agree to strict conditions governing how this information will be used. By providing your personal information you consent to the transfer of that information to such entities who are located outside of Australia.
- As part of our information technology arrangements, we may transfer and disclose information about you to third party service providers located outside of Australia including, but not limited to, the United States. Such third party service providers may store and process information provided by you on servers located outside of Australia including but not limited to servers located in the United States. By providing your personal information you consent to the transfer of that information to any such third party service providers who are located outside of Australia.