|Book||Snell's Equity 32nd Edition plus Supplement||23/11/2012||9780414048751||$665.01|
“I would unhesitatingly recommend this work to all those involved in the mainstream of chancery practice.” – Solicitors’ Journal
This bestselling title provides definitive guidance on equity, analysing the five ancient equitable doctrines of conversion, reconversion, election, performance and satisfaction.
Snell shows how the complex rules of equity apply in practice and interprets the principles and their application in different modern situations. It also:
- Examines how the principles can be applied in practice in trusts, probate and mortgages to solve clients’ problems
- Explores the growing application of trusts and fiduciary obligations in commercial contexts
- Considers a wide range of equitable remedies
- Deals with the implications of all recent legislative and case law developments including the Trustee Act 2000.
The supplement brings the work up-to-date with the latest legislative and case law developments.
· Equity and equities: The nature, history and courts of equity. Equities. The maxims of equity. Priorities. Assignment and choses in action.
· Trusts: Definition and classification of trusts. Express private trusts. Express public (or charitable) trusts. Resulting, implied or constructive trusts. Appointment, retirement and removal of trustees. Duties and discretions of trustees. Powers of trustees. Breach of trust.
· Administration of assets: Introduction. Collection and realisation of assets. Payment of debts. Distribution of assets. Remedies. Legacies. Donationes mortis causa.
· Securities : Nature and classification of securities. Creation of mortgages. Remedies of the mortgage. Rights and interests of the Mortgagor. Rights and interests of the Mortgagee. Discharge of mortgages. Pledges. Liens. Suretyship.
· The Equitable Doctrines: Conversion. Reconversion. Election. Performance. Satisfaction.
· Equitable protection: Married women, minors and persons of unsound mind. Penalties and forfeiture. Accident. Fraud. Equitable estoppels.
· Equitable remedies : Specific performance. Rescission. Delivery up and cancellation of documents. Rectification. Account. Injunction. Receivers.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales