|Book||Shareholders' Rights 6th Edition||07/12/2010||9780414043206||N/A|
This practical work from the UK is a one stop source providing a definitive account of the rights of shareholders. It explains the principles that govern the rights of an individual shareholder in a company and the balance of power between majority and minority shareholders. Additionally Shareholders’ Rights:
- Details the principles, practice and procedure of unfair-prejudice remedies
- Examines the principles of partnership law, such as good faith, which have been adopted in company law
- Provides in-depth analysis of articles of association, shareholders’ agreements and the fiduciary duties of directors
- Covers the ongoing impact of the Companies Act 2006, notably codification of the law relating to directors’ duties and to derivative claims
- Deals with the international aspects of shareholders’ rights
- Includes precedents for guidance and drafting templates, including a Tomlin order and a Wallersteiner costs indemnity order
- Explains all the key recent case law in this field.
Introduction. Broad principles. The bargain between shareholders. Directors’ duties. Majority rule and equitable constraints. The derivative claim: the rule in Foss v Harbottle and the exception thereto. The unfair prejudice remedy: principles. Unfair prejudice 2: remedies. Unfair prejudice 3: practice and procedure. Winding-up on the just and equitable ground. Personal rights of shareholders. Foreign element. Miscellaneous rights. Tax issues.
You Might Also Like
Sale of Shares and Businesses: Law Practice & Agreements ...
A Practical Guide to Corporate Governance 4th Edition