|Book||Principles of International Insolvency 2nd Edition: Wood||30/06/2007||9781847032102||$560.00|
The first volume in The Law and Practice of International Finance Series, this book goes through every aspect of insolvency proceedings including:
- Judicial reorganisations and plans
- Private restructuring agreements and workouts
- The liabilities of corporate directors and lender liability
- Voidable preferences
- Priorities, trusts and custodianship
- The impact of insolvency on contracts and leases
- Bank insolvencies and state insolvencies
- Discussion of the conflict of laws on insolvency including the EU Insolvency Regulation and the UNCITRAL Model Law.
Part I – General: Introduction. Comparison of work-outs, judicial rescues and liquidations.
Part 2 – Jurisdictions of the World: Legal families of the world. Indicators of insolvency law. Anglo-American common law jurisdictions. Napoleonic jurisdictions. Roman-Germanic jurisdictions. Other groups of jurisdictions.
Part 3 – Insolvency Topics: Entry criteria for insolvency proceedings; stays on claimants. Management of insolvency proceedings. The bankruptcy ladder of priorities. Bankrupt’s property and trusts, publicity. Non-consensual trusts and tracing. Security interests. Insolvency Set-off. Contracts, leases and forfeitures. Avoidance of preferences. Selected preference laws. Director liability. Shareholder and other third party liability.
Part 4 – Work-outs and reorganisations: Private restructuring agreements (work-outs). Lender Liability. Judicial reorganisation plans.
Part 5 – Special debtors: Bank insolvencies. State insolvency. Insolvency of individuals and other debtors.
Part 6 – Conflict of Laws: Insolvency conflict of laws: introduction and jurisdiction. Recognition of foreign insolvency stays and representatives. Applicable law. EU Insolvency Regulation and bank and insurance directives. UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross-border Insolvency.
- Comparative Law of Security Interests and Title Finance, 2nd Edition
- Conflict of Laws and International Finance, 2nd Edition
- International Term Loans, Bonds, Guarantees and Legal Opinions, 2nd Edition
- Principles of International Insolvency, 2nd Edition
- Project Finance, Securitisations and Subordinated Debt, 2nd Edition
- Regulation of International Finance, 2nd Edition
- Set-Off and Netting, Derivatives and Clearing Systems, 2nd Edition
You Might Also Like
Goode on Principles of Corporate Insolvency Law 4e
Construction Insolvency 4th Edition