Miller's Aust Competition & Consumer Law Annotated 35e 2013 - Book
|Book||Miller's Aust Competition & Consumer Law Annotated 35e 2013 - Book||26/02/2013||9780455231204||$52.80|
|Book+eBook||Miller's Aust Competition & Consumer Law Annotated 35e 2013 - eBook + Book||18/02/2013||30170468||$68.64|
|eBook - ProView||Miller's Australian Competition & Consumer Law Annotated 35e 2013 - eBook||18/02/2013||30170722||$52.80|
3 key reasons you need this new edition:
The latest consumer law cases, including State Supreme Court cases: Wingecarribee Shire Council v Lehman Brothers (investment advice before the GFC), ACCC v Apple (iPad advertising) Technology Leasing v Lennmar (telephone services), ACCC v Energy Watch (comparative pricing ads for electricity & gas) and ACCC v MSY Technology (availability of warranties).
New commentary: New commentary on withdrawal of immunity in cartel cases, the right to legal representation at 155 examinations, the legislative history of third line forcing and explaining the context for other key competition provisions.
- Cartels: The latest decisions in the long-running ACCC cases against international airlines over alleged price fixing arrangements in relation to fuel surcharges on air freight: ACCC v Emirates  FCA 1108 and ACCC v Malaysia Airline System Berhad (No 2)  FCA 767.
Professionals rely on Miller’s for the full text of the updated Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (formerly the Trade Practices Act) and for Russell V Miller’s expert insight into how its sections operate.
Now, more than 30 years after the book first published, businesses and advisers continue to need to understand how the legislation impacts on various aspects of day to day corporate activity. To do so, practitioners and businesses will benefit from the updated legislation in this 35th edition, and from Russell Miller’s annotation commentary at provision level, guiding readers through the meaning of the law with the benefit of judicial interpretation of the provisions of the Competition and Consumer Act.
Miller 35th edition will provide the legislation consolidated for all 2012 amendments, and address all the key cases handed down in 2012. Developments include:
- Telecommunication and energy consumer protection cases – Singtel Optus, Apple 4G ipad and Energywatch cases
- Australian Consumer Law cases – Google, Loyola v Cryeng, MSY Technology, Haros v Linfox cases
- Competition cases – Technology leasing
- Wide ranging legislation amendments range, addressing access arrangements for the National Broadband Network, to energy retail, and competition and consumer safeguards.
Miller’s Australian Competition and Consumer Law Annotated, 35th Edition 2013 will offer features to assist practitioners and students working with the Competition and Consumer Act and related legislation. These include:
- Comparative tables mapping pre-reform provisions to those in the Competition and Consumer Act
- Authored annotations written by Russell Miller explaining the operation of the legislation and providing a detailed analysis of the relevant case law
- Thomson Reuters authored subsection headings for all provisions of the Act
- History notes including the date of effect of the amending provision
- Cross-references indicating where a particular regulation affects a section of the Act
- Editor’s notes providing information about transitional, application and savings provisions and notification of amendments which have received assent but which commence on a future date
- Reproduced related regulations and materials.
The new edition of Miller is your essential resource for keeping pace with legislative and case law developments in competition and consumer law.
An online updating subscription service of Miller's is available, offering the ability to stay up to date with developments throughout the year. Increasingly practitioners are finding it useful to combine the convenience of online access with the portable single volume book.
Also Available: The Miller’s 2005-2012 CD Archive containing PDF files of the 2005-2012 book editions. Published editions of a key Thomson Reuters legislation book title are offered as a CD-ROM archive. This special release combines easy access to published editions with the benefit of digital searching across PDF files.
The CD archive offers users benefits including the ability to:
• Acquire a library of point-in-time legislation editions otherwise in danger of being lost.
• Access relevant year legislation files quickly and seamlessly.
• Free up shelf space and replace missing editions.
Other Thomson Reuters archive collections of key legislation book titles are also available on CD-ROM.
About the Author
Internationally recognised for his leading competition (anti-trust) expertise Russell V Miller AM is a partner with the Australian law firm, Minter Ellison and is head of the firm's Competition Group and also the firm’s Chairman. He is a non-Government advisor to the International Competition Network.
In 2005 Russell was made a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for his services to the legal profession
In the Courts, Russell has represented clients in ACCC proceedings as well as conducting corporate litigation up to and including two appeals to the Privy Council.
You Might Also Like
Miller's Australian Competition Law & Policy, 2nd Edition