|Book||McGregor on Damages 18th Edition + Supplement||26/11/2010||9780414043282||$893.00|
McGregor has been the leading authority on the law of damages for 150 years. It provides comprehensive coverage of the law, from detailed consideration of the general principles to specific heads of damages. Related procedural issues are also covered, bringing the work up-to-date with the impact of the Civil Procedure Rules.
New coverage in the 18th edition includes extensive discussion of liquidated damages, including Murray v Leisureplay plc; updated analysis of costs, damages and fines arising from previous proceedings; extensive new material on contracts for professional services; extensive new material on the use and impact of periodical payments; updated discussion of non-pecuniary losses in tort and contract; analysis of recent decisions on certainty of damage, including Rugby Joinery; and recent case law on consequential losses in building contracts.
Supplements bring you up-to-date with the latest developments.
- General Principles: Definition, Scope, Object and Terminology
- The Heads of Compensatory Damages: Pecuniary Losses; Non-pecuniary Losses.
- The Limits of Compensatory Damages: The General Problem of Limits; Reduction of Damages for Contributory Negligence; Remoteness of Damage; Mitigation of Damage; Certainty of Damage; Past and Prospective Damage.
- Damages not Strictly Based on Compensation: Nominal Damages; Exemplary Damages; Restitutionary Damages; Liquidated Damages.
- Various General Factors in the Assessment of Damages: The Incidence of Taxation; The Awarding of Interest; The Effect of Changes in Value; The Recovery of Costs, Damages and Fines Incurred in Previous Proceedings; Damages in Actions Surviving Death Particular Claims; The Measure of Damages in Contract and Tort Compared.
- Contract: Sale of Goods; Hire and Hire-purchase of Goods; Sale of Land; Lease of Land; Sale of Shares and Loan of Stock; Contracts to Pay or to Lend Money; Building Contracts; Contracts for Carriage; Contracts of Employment; Contracts for Professional and Other Services; Contracts Concerning Principal and Agent; Contracts of Warranty of Authority by Agent.
- Tort: Torts Affecting Goods: Damages and Destruction; Tort Affecting Goods – Misappropriation; Torts Affecting Land; Torts Causing Personal Injury; Torts Causing Death; Assault and False Imprisonment; Malicious Institution of Legal Proceedings; Defamation; Economic Torts; Misrepresentation; Infringement of Privacy and Misfeasance in Public Office
- Human Rights; Human Rights.
- Procedure: The Statement of Case; The Trial; Appeals.