This book provides guidance on all types of claims by lenders arising from property finance transactions as they seek to recover losses from failed transactions and defaults. Coverage includes:
- Claims against solicitors, valuers and accountants, highlighting unique aspects, including risks, associated with different types of claim
- Claims brought against borrowers and guarantors, detailing the specific practical and legal issues
- Explanation of important case law from the past decade in almost every area of this subject
- Mortgage possession claims and related subjects such as subrogation and title rectification
- Discussion of damages and interest
- Chapters on practice and procedural issues related to lender claims, including evidence and limitation
- Discussion of the subprime lending crisis and its likely impact on related case law.
Introduction. Mortgage Fraud. Claims/Remedies against the borrower/ guarantor. Claims against Solicitors. Claims against Valuers. Claims against Accountants. Damages. Interest. Experts. Limitation. Contributory Negligence and Contribution. Practice and Procedure.
Jurisdiction: United Kingdom
You Might Also Like
Practical Project Finance 3rd Edition : Vinter