|Book||Law & Regulation of Investment Management 2nd Edition||31/12/2011||9781847034878||$464.00|
"Will no doubt become the first point of reference for practitioners as well as academics" – Journal of International
This work provides legal analysis and practical advice on the law and regulation relating to investment management in the United Kingdom. This edition incorporates the changes to the regulatory regime introduced by the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), including the associated amendments to the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, and examines the post- MiFID regulatory structure.
- Looks at the nature of the client services relationship
- Considers internal compliance and the ramifications of conflicts of interest and information barriers
- Discusses the regulation of managed future funds
- Includes coverage of specialist areas such as hedge funds, private equity funds, closed ends funds and Shariah compliant investment
- Provides an overview of key US legislation
- Looks at investment management in the US, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Ireland and Hong Kong
- Analyses national and international case law.
You Might Also Like
Law of Guarantees 6th Edition
Private Equity: Law & Practice 4th Edition
Law of Bank Payments 4e
Law & Practice International Finance Series (7 Volume Set)
Table of Contents
Introduction to asset management. The legal nature of the client services relationship. Authorisation – MiFID and UCITS III. Taking on customers. The management contract. Trade implementation. Settlement and custody. Investment management and fiduciary duties. Internal compliance. Hedge funds and market conduct. Regulated collected investment schemes. Hedge fund structure. Hedge fund leverage. Hedge funds and the FSA. Closed ended funds. Private equity funds. Shariah compliant investment. Occupational pension schemes. Real estate funds. US Regulation of managed futures: Commodity trading advisers and commodity pools. US regulation of investment management. US approach to fiduciary duties. Investment management in France. Investment management in Germany. Investment management in Luxembourg. Investment management in Ireland. Investment management in Hong Kong. Appendices.