|Book||Judicial Remedies Public Law 4th Edition||09/12/2008||9781847032218||$473.00|
This popular text provides a comprehensive guide to the remedies available to litigants in public law.
Its great strength is its specific focus. By concentrating exclusively on remedies it is able to offer detailed guidance on the whole range of available remedies, going beyond the core public law remedies available under judicial review. The new fourth edition has been brought up to date with major developments in the law, including significant changes to declarations of incompatibility and the European Convention on Human Rights, important case law developments on remedies for breach of EU law in the national courts, and major changes to judicial review procedure.
- Only book on the market to deal with the full range of judicial remedies available in public law – everything from common remedies to those used less often
- Comprehensive analysis of this specific area of interest
- Covers developments in legislation, case law, practice and procedure
- Includes remedies available under EU law
- Expert guidance from one of the leading authorities on administrative law and judicial review.
Introduction. Availability of Judicial Review. Choice of Forum and the Exclusivity of Judicial Review Proceedings in Public Law. Judicially Reviewable Acts and Omissions. Invalidity, Partial Invalidity and Severance. The Prerogative Remedies: Quashing Orders, Prohibiting Orders and Mandatory Orders. Declarations. Injunctions. Machinery of Judicial Review. Standing. Discretion of the Court to Refuse a Remedy and the Exclusion of Judicial Review. Habeas Corpus. Appeals and Statutory Applications. Damages and the Principles Governing Public Authority Liability. Remedies for the Enforcement of EU Law in National Courts. References to the European Court for a Preliminary Ruling under Art.234EC.