|Book||Gatley on Libel & Slander 11th Edition + Supplement||26/11/2010||9781847034939||$805.00|
Gatley is the leading text on libel and slander. This new edition will keep practitioners up to date with the latest developments in the law of defamation, both substantive and procedural. It analyses the relevant case law, and guides the reader through practice and procedure in detail.
The new 11th edition incorporates the latest case law, explains new procedures and tracks the developing law in areas such as press freedom to report on matters of public interest. Discussion of recent judgments includes Purnell v Business F1 Magazine Ltd & Another, McKennitt v Ash and Jameel and others v Wall Street Journal Europe.
The 11th edition of Gatley on Libel and Slander:
- Includes cases from other jurisdictions with commentary on their relevance to UK law and procedure, in particular decisions from Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- Discusses the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights and the continuing effect of the Human Rights Act on defamation law
- Deals with defences and related causes of action such as criminal libel
- Includes forms and precedents for issuing proceedings, statements of case and settlements
- Reproduces key legislation
- Includes summaries of important libel awards in the appendix material
Regular supplements bring you up-to-date with the latest developments.
Part One: The Defamatory Statement. Part Two: Defences. Part Three: Other Causes of Action and related Matters. Part Four: The Action. Appendix 1: Forms and Precedents; Appendix 2: Statutes; Appendix 3: Libel Awards.
You Might Also Like
Goff & Jones: Law of Unjust Enrichment 8th Edition
Defamation Law Procedure and Practice 4th Edition