|Book||Conflict of Laws & International Finance||31/08/2007||9781847032072||$508.00|
Conflict of Laws and International Finance, part of The Law and Practice of International Finance Series, covers the governing law of contracts including the Rome Convention 1980 to provide an understanding of the basis on which international financial contracts should operate. In particular, this volume:
- Explains jurisdiction over financial contracts so you can advise clients on areas including arbitration of financial contracts and enforcement of foreign judgments
- Looks in detail at conflict of laws for security interests and title finance
- Examines conflict of laws for financial torts and financial trusts
- Discusses the conflict of laws for regulation of international finance and regulatory jurisdiction
- Provides coverage of sovereign immunity in the UK, US and EU as well as the recognition of States, State succession and international organisations so that you can quickly find out about these areas if they come up in a client’s case
- Includes special treatment of conflict of laws in insolvency giving you expert guidance on this potentially tricky area.
Part 1 - Governing law of contracts: Choice of law and Rome Convention 1980. Scope of governing law. Governing law: foreign currency obligations, exchange controls, embargoes. Governing law: attachments, amalgamations, interest, taxation. Expropriations.
Part 2 - Jurisdiction over financial contracts: Judicial jurisdiction and financial contracts. European Judgments Regulation. Restrictions on judicial jurisdiction. Commentary on financial jurisdiction clauses. Arbitration and financial contracts. Enforcement of foreign judgments. Prejudgment attachments.
Part 3 - Security Interests and Property: Governing law of security interests and other property transfers. Arrest and enforcement jurisdiction. Insolvency conflicts for security interests and property.
Part 4 - Regulation, Torts and restitution in financial law: Regulatory jurisdiction and governing law. Governing law of prospectus liability and other financial torts. Governing law of restitution. Governing law of trusts in financial transactions.
Part 5 - Sovereign immunity and state aspects: Principles of sovereign immunity. UK, US and EU immunity legislation. Recognition of states. State succession. International organisations.
Part 6 - Insolvency conflict of laws: Insolvency conflict of laws: introduction and jurisdiction. Recognition of foreign insolvency stays and representatives. Applicable law of insolvency issues. EU Insolvency Regulation. UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross-Border Insolvency and implementation.
- Comparative Law of Security Interests and Title Finance, 2nd Edition
- Conflict of Laws and International Finance, 2nd Edition
- International Term Loans, Bonds, Guarantees and Legal Opinions, 2nd Edition
- Principles of International Insolvency, 2nd Edition
- Project Finance, Securitisations and Subordinated Debt, 2nd Edition
- Regulation of International Finance, 2nd Edition
- Set-Off and Netting, Derivatives and Clearing Systems, 2nd Edition