|Book||CIPA Guide to the Patents Act 7th Edition||07/12/2011||9780414018631||$508.00|
The CIPA Guide to the Patents Acts is the leading guide to patent legislation in the UK. It features a unique section-by-section guide to the Patents Act 1977 and relevant provisions of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, and includes the complete text of each section and of any relevant Patents Rules, Civil Procedure Rules and practice directions. Extensive commentary on the interpretation of each section by the UK-IPO and courts and on relevant case law of the EPO Appeal Boards is also provided.
Case law is presented in detail to help the reader see easily whether there are precedents for or against the proposition they wish to contend. It includes references to hundreds of decisions of the European Patent Office, the UK courts and the Comptroller-General, many of which have not appeared in published law reports.
- Incorporates the latest developments in the law, including new rules for the Patents County Court
- Considers areas with recent major developments including claim interpretation, eligible subject matter (software, business methods, biotechnology), selection patents, inventive step, enablement, IP Office and court procedure.
You Might Also Like
Kerly's Law of Trade Marks and Trade Names 15e
Terrell on the Law of Patents 17e
Copinger & Skone James on Copyright 16th Edition
WIPO Jnl: Analysis & Debate of Global Intellectual Propert...
Patents Throughout the World
Fleet Street Reports Parts Only
Fleet Street Reports Parts and Bound Volumes
Table of Contents
- PATENTS ACT 1977: Arrangement of sections. Table of Amendments to this Act. Sections and Schedules with: Relevant Rules; Commentary and Practice.
- PATENTS RULES 2007: Titles of Rules with cross references to text locations.
- COPYRIGHT, PATENTS AND DESIGNS ACT 1988: Arrangement of sections in Parts V and VI. Sections 274-295 with Commentary.
- APPENDICES: Historical Background to the Patents Act 1977 and the Patent Office. Supplementary Protection Certificates. The Biotechnology Directive. The EC Treaty. The Civil Procedures Rules. Part 63 of the Civil Procedures Rules. The Patents Court and Patents County Court Guide. Patent Attorney and Trade Mark Attorney Qualification and Registration Regulations 2009. Rules for Examination and Admission of Individuals 2011. Rules of Conduct for Patent Attorneys, Trade Mark Attorneys and other Regulated Persons. Rules of Professional Conduct for Patent Attorneys holding and acting within the scope of Litigator Certificates.