The Foundation of Knowledge
Whether used as an explanatory tool or as your starting point for researching key substantive legislative and case law, when you access The Laws of Australia you're accessing the expertise of a team of more than 400 specialist authors and editors overseen by our Editor in Chief The Hon. Michael Kirby AC CMG.
A complete library of legal principles, The Laws of Australia covers over 320 topics and every Australian jurisdiction. With unmatched breadth and depth and an easy-to-read style it will quickly acquaint you with unfamiliar areas of law.
Why Choose The Laws of Australia?
- Discursive commentary takes you beyond factual statements of the law
- Basic principles are contextualised, and the law clearly explained
- Each paragraph can be read in isolation as an authoritative statement of the law
- Our Editor in Chief The Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG, takes an active role in steering The Laws of Australia's development
- Our authors and editors are experts in their fields and actively oversee updates, reviewing and advising on content and new developments
- We're committed to an expanded updating program and the ongoing, continual improvement of the service's currency
- The Laws of Australia is available as a 53 binder looseleaf service, or online with Westlaw AU, providing thousands upon thousands of links to our online services such as FirstPoint, law journals, law reports and unreported judgments.