Australian Financial Planning Handbook 2012-13 - eBook + Book
No professional adviser or planner should be without the Australian Financial Planning Handbook 2012-13.
With expert and updated coverage of the Future of Financial Advice (FoFA) reforms (including the accountants' exemption), superannuation changes, ASIC guidance, recent compliance and regulatory issues and much more, the Australian Financial Planning Handbook 2012-13 saves you research time and increases your ability to provide compliant and accurate advice.
The Handbook states the law in force as at 1 July 2012, but includes important developments up to 13 August 2012.
Among other things, the Australian Financial Planning Handbook 2012-13:
- covers the all-important FoFA reforms, including details and analysis of the 2 Acts that have now introduced the first and second tranches of the reforms, covering opt-in, best interests duty, etc. The FoFA transitional rules concerning early adopters are also covered, as is ASIC's focus on financial advice post-FoFA;
- extensively covers financial planning compliance requirements, especially important given the increased attention from the Government and ASIC;
- provides in-depth practical coverage concerning superannuation, including planning tips, checklists and examples, as well as impacts on retirement planning and social security benefits;
- details the 2012 Federal Budget changes affecting financial planning such as superannuation, retirement incomes, pensions, etc;
- explains the issues that affect financial planning scenarios and investment structuring, with special reference to reverse mortgages, margin lending, etc;
- identifies important estate planning issues;
- deals with financial planning issues specifically affecting small business owners, including succession planning;
- covers the Trans-Tasman recognition of financial planners, which is now a reality;
- specifically flags important relevant developments not law or in effect as at 1 July 2012 (eg ASIC’s new guidance on training of planners, scaling of advice), including Bills before Parliament at that date.
The Handbook focuses strongly on practical financial planning issues, and:
- highlights several hundred clearly flagged practical tips;
- contains many practical case studies; and
- includes checklists, examples, and warnings of traps to avoid, all from the expert authors’ first-hand experiences.
The Handbook is also indispensable for those new to financial planning and those studying financial planning. It includes special chapters on “Financial planning: getting started” and “The process of financial planning”.
The Handbook is authored by a team of experienced practitioners, planners and business advisers, including:
- Money Management’s 1996, 2002 and 2004 Financial Planners of the Year
- Field specialists from Flack Advisory Services, Mills Oakley Lawyers, Professional Investment Services, Grant Thornton, McMillan Financial Planning Pty Ltd, Remuneration Strategies Group, Civic Legal, Forte Family Lawyers, MGI Melbourne
Need to create legal documents?
Cleardocs is an additional service that Thomson Reuters provides for creating legal documents. Completely online and simple to follow, Cleardocs enables you to create automated SMSF documents which are available within minutes. Choose from the selection below:
- Is current to 20 September 2013
- Full coverage of the FoFA reforms, Stronger Super and MySuper reforms, including all ASIC and APRA regulation
- Provides comprehensive coverage of all key aspects of financial planning – superannuation, compliance, finance and investing, estate planning, taxation planning, retirement planning, social security, risk insurance, salary packaging and executive remuneration, family law requirements and small business
- Contains practical information - includes checklists, examples, tips, case studies, information on traps to avoid
- Written in plain English and does not assume legal, tax or detailed financial knowledge.
- Written by a team of professional advisers who specialise in one or more aspects of financial planning
- Available in book format, online with updates and eBook.
You Might Also Like
Death &Taxes: Tax-Effective Estate Planning 5e eBook + Boo...
What do Financial Planning Clients really want?
Partnering with Financial Planners
Death &Taxes: Tax-Effective Estate Planning 5e
The Essential SMSF Guide 2012-13 - eBook
eBook - ProView
Death&Taxes: Tax-Effective Estate Planning 5e - eBook
eBook - ProView
Death and Taxes: Tax-effective Estate Planning - Checkpoin...
The Essential SMSF Guide - Checkpoint
The Essential SMSF Guide
Death & Taxes: Tax Effective Estate Planning Lawbook Onlin...
- Aust Financial Planning Handbook 2012-13 Factsheet [PDF 1200326]
The new 2012-13 edition is expected to release in September 2012.
This is a non-subscription purchase where you will receive one (hard copy) book and one eBook of the Australian Financial Planning Handbook 2012-13 edition. If you would like an annual subscription to the paper copy of the Handbook and be delivered future editions as soon as they are released, please consider product code 8935R.
eBooks and product packages including an eBook may not be returned once the software key has been supplied to the customer, which supply will be by email upon release of the eBook in 2012. Your rights as a customer to access and use the ProView software and a ProView eBook are subject to acceptance of the terms upon which are at http://thomsonreuters.com.au/terms/content-licence-for-australian-proview-ebooks.asp
We are upgrading our systems to support real time delivery of eBooks for use with Thomson Reuters ProView. In the meantime, if you order a published eBook during business hours (between 8am and 4pm EST) your registration email will arrive within 2 hours. Payment with order is mandatory, and credit card is preferred. Cheque or Bank deposit is accepted but please expect a delay in receiving the registration email.